Just a thought...

I read this following passage not too long ago (in the midst of the financial down-fall of our economy) and it spoke such comfort to me. I hope it does the same for you.

Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you. Isaiah 35:4

At the end of the day, the stock market might crash, the electric bill may be late, your car may stop running, but “fear not”. The author of your faith will come and rescue you from this dieing world. Fear not, He will bring judgement, He will loosen the final rewards, He will step out of His home in Glory and extend a hand when you feel as though you are falling. He’ll catch you even when the government cuts the string. You’ll be alright. For whatever reason in days like these, when times are tough, I always think of the footprints poem. And, I remember that the Lord, God Himself has me snuggled up carrying me and my husband. Even though we may not have much, we still have our salvation. That’s enough.

0 comments: